Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lipstick on a pig

A couple of weeks ago I had to do an extended session on the bike trainer (2:45), due to a cold and rainy day and no options to reschedule; so I moved my setup into the living room and watched a movie and some TV shows on the Tivo. As with putting lipstick on a pig, that only makes things marginally better... and made me think that riding outside in the rain might have been less painful.

But you have to love my fancy stand there on the left that I constructed using a  green plastic kid's chair and a pillow : )  It worked, though; as I could get to the remote and phone without traipsing around in bike cleats.

As much as I complain about it... I do love the training that I get out of the CompuTrainer. I've seen some solid improvements in my biking, which I'll be putting to the test later in April at a half ironman tri. After that, I have no major races planned - which is just really weird for me. I'm beyond ready, though, to just spend some time training on a more relaxed schedule, and getting back to just enjoying the swimbikerun for the fun of it.

*****************************************
Help the kids!

Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation: to find a cure for childhood cancer for kids like Ishani ... Please help them by donating HERE

Hope For Kidz: program to help educate children in Haiti

*****************************************

2 comments:

  1. I love your bike

    I found an old book shelf in the trash that I have placed in between my trainer and dreadmill for the exact same purpose you chair did. I also toss my liquids and nutrition on it as well.

    Anyways, I see a ton of things to keep me occupied, Wii and GH World Tour!! I can not confirm or deny at this time that I might have rocked out on the trainers or even more dangerous on the dreadmill with such toys when I hit the boredom mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guitar Hero while on the trainer - brilliant! Now the treadmill... that is a YouTube smash hit ready to happen :)

    ReplyDelete