Monday, April 11, 2011

An 8 year old should not have to write a letter like this

My previous blog entry included a reference to Alex Lemonade Stand Foundation and Ishani - the young girl that has twice battled with pediatric cancer. Just after posting that, Ishani's mother posted a video on Facebook of Ishani standing in front of a crowd at a local pageant, reading a letter she wrote. I asked her to send me the text of the letter... There's not much I can say or add, other than to post the text of that letter:

*********************************************
My name is Ishani. I am 8 years old. I got cancer when I was 3 years old. I had surgery and radiation and chemo. I got cancer again when I was 6 years old and had to do it all again. The reasons I hate cancer are:

1. Having to go to the clinic lots of times.
2. Having to get lots of shots.
3. Having to go the hospital lots of times.
4. Having to feel sick and not being able to eat.
5. Having to miss school and playing with my friends
6. Having to lose hair from the medicine
7. Having people make fun of me from losing hair.
8. My legs still hurting when I run
9. I missed playing soccer for 3 years.

I DON”T WANT THIS HAPPENING TO OTHER CHILDREN!
That is why I am collecting money for childhood cancer.
PLEASE JOIN ME in fighting childhood cancer one cup at a time.

 ***************************************

If you feel led, you can donate HERE or HERE 

2 comments: