Friday, March 4, 2011

Not much to say I guess...

I realized today that it's been a really long time before I posted anything. I think that's partly because I just haven't felt like I had much to say that would be interesting, and partly because I've just been too busy. Work training, tax preparation (ugh... PLEASE do something to simplify this crap!!!), getting things going for the Haiti trip coming up at the end of September; coaching stuff -> sometimes it just all adds up to way too much to do.

The Boston Marathon is coming up next month, and then IM TX the month after that; so I am in full-blown training mode at the moment. Recovery week this week, but my normal training weeks I'm going for 9000+ yds of swimming, 180-200 miles of biking, and 40+ miles of running. My wife has pretty much written me off for the weekends. She's a good woman to put up with this obsession of mine.

The training itself is going very well, I feel like I'm rounding into form in terms of the endurance. Just praying that I can continue on that track, and then have the opportunity to do the race that I have trained for (i.e. no major mishaps or issues). I'll be heading down to The Woodlands, TX in two weeks to check out the course in person and do some riding and running out there.

That's it for now I guess... : )

JD

1 comment:

  1. Your are lucky your "wife wife has pretty much written me off for the weekends. She's a good woman to put up with this obsession of mine."

    I got the ok to train for an iron distance race, a couple nights ago, she was leafing through my training plan, and a fight of fights erupted when she saw what I had to do on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete